Frequently asked questions

What time does school begin?

The school gates open at 8.40am and close at 8.55am, children can enter school via the Woodland or the Main gates during these times.  If you arrive to school following this, children must report to the school office to sign-in.  School registers close at 9am and class begins, if you arrive after this your child will receive a late mark.


What time does school finish?

The children finish their school day at 3.10pm

All children are to be collected from the playground outside their classroom.


How do I report a child absence?

If your child is absent from school, please inform us by 9am.  You can do this by either calling or emailing the school office on advising of why your child is absent.  If we do not receive this notification, you will receive a text message asking you to contact the school.  Please be aware, school policy states children should not return to school until 48hours following sickness/diarrhea.  Thus minimizing the spread of viral infections.


Where can I buy school uniform?

For a list of our school uniform, please see our website under virtual office.

Uniform can be purchased from our suppliers ‘Badged’, either directly from their uniform shop in Sandbach or online.  Please follow the link to their website Badged


Where can I park at school?

Please use the school car park with direct access to school via the Forest gate.  Pleae avoid parking on the road due to safety reason and courtesy to our neighbours.

Please do NOT park on the Village Hall car park.


When is the best time to talk to my child’s teacher?

In the morning teachers are busy preparing for the school day.  We advise you to speak to your child’s class teacher at the end of the school day when all children have been dismissed. You can also make an appointment via the school office.  If it is urgent, the head teacher can be contacted directly on headwarmingham@rcsat.cheshire.sch.uk or an appointment made during the school day.


What if my child needs medicine administering during the school day?

We are able to administer medicine prescribed by a doctor during school hours.  Please bring this to the school office and complete a form required to comply with school policy.


Is there a before and after school provision?

We have an after school club provision provided by Sports Coaching North West available every evening until 6pm.  This can be booked via SCNW directly on 01270 449770 or info@sportscoachingnw.co.uk or via the school office.

The teaching staff also provide after school clubs which vary each term. Details will be emailed to you termly.

We do not run a breakfast club currently.


What if my child is going home with someone else?

Please notify the school if your child’s usual arrangements change.  Preferably we require this in writing from a parent/carer with parental responsibility.  Please either email admin@warminghamce.cheshire.sch.uk or write a letter for the class teacher. In urgent cases please telephone the office on 01270 526260


Should I label my child’s clothing?

Yes, looking after belongings is a key skill for all our children and a name label makes this easier. Please either sew a name label in all items or use indelible ink.  From time to time items can be misplaced, will do our utmost to reunite these with their owners but we are unable to replace them.


What does my child need for school each day?

Please send your child in with a coat suitable for the current weather conditions. In their bag they will need a healthy snack and water bottle along with their reading books.


Can my child bring toys to school?

No, we do not allow any toys, trading cards or similar personal items in school as these can be easily misplaced or damaged, causing upset and distress.


I would like my child to receive a school lunch, how do arrange this?

Your child will notify their teacher on the day if they wish to have a school dinner. If your child will be late in school for a medical appointment for example, please notify the school office before 9.15 if you will require a lunch that day. Dinners can be full-time or part-time.  We request that part-time lunches are kept to specific days each week.  All reception and KS1 children do not need to pay for these.  All KS2 children are charged at £2.20 per day, payable via SchoolMoney


What snack should I provide for my child?

We have adopted the Change4Life policy, where we promote healthful eating among our students.  Please provide a healthy snack for your child at break time, something suitable for a growing child.  Please do not supply them with chocolate bars, sweets or anything which contains nuts as we strictly operate a ‘no nut policy’ in school.


Are hot snacks available at morning break?

Yes, our catering provision Cheshire East provide a selection of hot snacks at break time.  Children can purchase their snack from Mrs Worsley at morning breaj and pay cash on collection.  Snack price is 25-£1. 


How do I pay for school trips and school lunches?

All school trips, residential visits and school lunches are payable via our online payment system SchoolMoney.  You will receive login details and a password specific to you, please speak to the school office if you require further assistance.


What if my child has an Allergy or Intolerance?

Please notify us immediately of any allergies or intolerances.  At times it may be necessary to provide a medical letter confirming the diagnosis.  Our catering services are able to meet the needs of all dietary requirements.


What is a School Buddy?

When your child starts school in Reception, they will be introduced to their ‘buddy’. Buddies are children in Year 5 whose role is to look out for their reception class buddy acting as a good role model.  They will be paired during assemblies, school walks to church and for whole school trips.