Sports Premium Grant
The government has provided additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools (the Olympic Legacy). This funding, provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, has been allocated to primary schools. This funding, known as the Sports Premium Grant, is ring-fenced and therefore schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but have been given the freedom to choose how they allocate the funding.
Sports Premium Grant Spending Plan – September 2017 to August 2018
The staff at Warmingham CE Primary have decided to spend the allocation of funding as follows:
- Support, enthuse and engage all children in physical activities
- Pay for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- Increase pupil participation in sport and physical activity
- Increase opportunities for inter-school competition
- Improve resources to support the delivery of physical education
- Invest in assessment tools to track the progress and development of children's sport skills
- Increase teacher confidence in delivering high quality PE in order to strengthen teaching and learning across school.
We ensure that improvements made are sustained and sustainable by; taking and teaching children to take good care of purchased resources; continuously building on our long term productive working relationships with sporting organisations such as Sports Coaching North West, Middlewich Sports Partnership and the local Sports Council so that staff can gain new skills, knowledge and resources through staff meetings and training. The impact of the grant on our pupils is reviewed annually.
The amount of funding available to us for the academic year 2017/18 is £16,610.